Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mosiac Technique



Where does time go? I haven't had a chance to share these cards yet from last week! We made this card at my Technique class - this technique is stamped mosaic! I Love how cool it looks with the boat from the Open Sea stamp set! I also used a nautical color scheme of not quite navy, crumb cake, white and cherry cobbler. 

To make the "mosaic effect" I cut up some of the extra rubber that comes around your stamp sets when you get them (I had some old ones I had saved) and stuck it onto a wood block (scrap from hubbys wood shop). THis gives you a "mosaic" background stamp. You stamp this over your image with Versamark ink and emboss with clear ink -- then fill in between the spaces by sponging (I used crumb cake but I've seen this technique done with a darker color too). 


stamps: Open Sea, Essentials
ink:Night of Navy, crumb cake, cherry cobbler, versamark inkpaper:Night of Navy, crumb cake, cherry cobbler, whisper white
big shot: chevron embossing folder, 
3" and 3 1/2" circle bigz dies
other: 2 1/2" Circle punch, sponge, clear embossing powder, bakers twine, rubber scraps, wood block, 1 1/4" circle punch 








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails