Friday, June 1, 2007

June 1st Already!!



Can you believe it's June already? I'm so behind on my blog. I've made tons of fun things to share but I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to post them yet! I can't believe it's June 1st! That means it's only 30 days until the new catalog comes out and we get to see all the great new Stampin' Up! Stuff ! I'm super excited.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to make the most of my retired sets and papers. Today I'm posting a box that I made for my mom for mothers day. It uses retiring cranberry crisp papers and inks...but the stamp set, Wild Rose, is still staying around for next year.

I bought this empty music box at Archivers and thought it would be such a fun gift. It was super easy to make. I used the Recollections Designer paper and measured and cut strips to fit the box bottom. I used the ran my papers through the Xyron to ahere the paper (love the xyron for adhering to metal--works great). for the lid, i made a square and then used the corner rounder on the corners and again, used xyron to adhere it. I used the stitched cranberry ribbon to cover the ridge of the lid (attached this with sticky strip). Then I stamped the image with the Wild Rose stamp set using cranberry crisp and mellow moss inks, cut and adhered it all together. the metal frame is from the hodgepodge hardware.

To put inside the box, I made coordinating little 3x3 notecards.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails