Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Boat!


Here's a different twist on a holiday card. I have the set Loads of Love and I love it and how you can combine the elements to put stuff in the truck. So when I purchased Boatloads of Love I thought it would be great to try to combine these two sets! So here's what I came up with. I took the tree from Loads of Love and put it in the back of the boat from Boatloads of love! Isn't that fun? It's hard to tell in the photos, but I actually stamped the image twice. I colored the whole boat using ink and aqua painters and then on the second image, I just colored the bottom part, cut it out and put it over the top as a dimensional. It makes a really cool effect, like the tree is inside the boat. Then I matted the image with riding hood red card stock and the card is made from Kiwi kiss card stock and pacific point card stock.

stamps:Loads of Love, Boatloads of love
ink:basic black, kiwi kiss, riding hood red, pacific point
paper:whisper white, basic black, kiwi kiss, riding hood red, pacific point
other:scallop border punch



Here is another card I made with this set that's not holiday, but still fun. I used the cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background with the circles. The image is colored with an aqua painter and ink and matted with real red card stock.

stamps: Boatloads of love
ink:basic black, green galore, real red, tempting turquoise,
paper: whisper white
, green galore, real red, tempting turquoise,
other: cuttlebug for embossing, circle punch, turqouise ribbon, striped grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails