Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Garden Gift


Here is what I made for mothers day. I wanted to make something Garden themed and so I went and purchased some garden bulbs, garden gloves and a citronella candle and used them as color inspiration for this project.

I found this box pattern online and loved it. It's meant for cards but I used mine to hold the bulbs and a set of magnets that I also made.
I also stuck in some instant lemonade drink packets that you put in your water bottle. The box is held closed with velcro.

For stamps, I used the Eastern Blooms stamp set. I like the large bloom stamp for the front of the box. It is stamped on pink passion paper (that's what the box is made of) and then for the lid, I stamped it in pink passion and pink pirouette and added some dimensionals and a button to accent the center flower. The green card stock is gable green.

Here is a close up of the magnet set. These magnets are actually pebbles that you find in the floral section of the craft store and they're clear. Then I stamped the images and adhered them to the pebbles and hot-glued a thick magnet on the back (the thin ones don't hold them since they're so heavy). Then I stamped a header using the eastern blooms flowers. I love how this turned out!

stamps:eastern blooms
ink:green galore, pumpkin pie, pink passion, pink pirouette
paper:pink passion, whisper white, gable green
other: glass pebbles, magnets, hot glue, cello bag, dimensionals, button, velcro, ribbon from dollar spot, scallop border punch, green binder clip

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails