Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2 ways to use shimmer paint!


I really LOVE shimmer paint! For this card, I used shimmer paint in two different ways. I started with an embossed piece of white card stock (I used the Northern Flurry embossing folder to emboss the snowflakes). The first way was to use champagne shimmer paint on a sponge and apply it right to the snowflakes--since they're embossed, it's easy to apply just to the raised portion and not the whole card. Then I applied the silver shimmer paint directly to the snowflake stamp with a sponge and used it to stamp onto the not quite navy card stock, just like you would with an inked stamp. It looks so pretty! Then I punched out the snowflake with the ornament punch and added it to the card with a dimensional. I added some ribbon tied right above it so it appears as if it's hanging on the ribbon!

stamps: serene snowflakes, Christmas greetings
ink:marina mist
paper:whisper white, not quite navy
other:shimmer paint in champagne and silver, ornament punch, norther flurry embossing folder, 1/8" taffeta ribbon


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails