Saturday, December 31, 2011

Beautiful Season Thank Yous!

Happy New Years Eve! I hope everyone has had a good year and has some fun plans tonight. I spent some time yesterday making thank yous for some holiday gifts so I thought I would share those today! I like using the Christmas sets to make thank you cards after the holidays - I feel like it gives me another reason to use them! For these two cards I used the stamp set Beautiful Season. I love the bird image on this card but didn't use it for my Christmas cards because it would have taken way too long to color them all! For this first card I stamped the main image with black ink on white cardstock and then colored it in with chalks and q-tips. I sponged the edges of the cardstock with some soft suede ink to give it a more "aged" look. If you look closely you can see a sneak peek of on the of the new ribbons that will be in the occasions mini that starts on Jan. 3. This is the new "pleated satin ribbon" in riding hood red!



The next card also has a "sneak peek" of new product-- I used the new Framelits dies (Labels). These dies are really awesome- you get 6 dies of the same shape that nest so it's easy to create cool layers that frame each other like I did here:


For this card I stamped the bird on crumb cake cardstock and colored him in with chalks and q-tips. I like how the white belly pops off the colored cardstock. Then I finished it off with some bakers twine and the sentiment "thanks so much" from the tiny tags set (punched out with the jewelry tag punch)


stamps: Beautiful season, tiny tags
ink:basic black
paper: wild wasabi, crumb cake, soft suede, whisper white, First Edition patterned paper
other: bakers twine (cherry cobbler), jewelry tag punch, Labels Framelits, pleated satin ribbon (riding hood red), oval and scallop oval punches, framed tulips embossing folder, sponge, chalks, q-tips


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails