Sunday, May 30, 2010

Flower pot card

Here is a flower card I wanted to share with you today. This card is really cool because the flowers pull out like this:

To make this card you start with a piece of card stock that is 9 by 3 1/2 inches. Then you score it along the long side at 2" and 5 1/2 inches. The little two inch part will be to top of your pot so you can fold that front flap down. I used the eyelet border punch to make the fancy edge. Then fold it in half at the 5 1/2 inch score line and cut in on the sides (not the two inch part) to make it look like a pot. I didn't put any glue on the pot, just used the ribbon to keep it closed.

For the part that pulls out I cut a piece of old olive card stock that was 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 (then layered a white piece over it just a tad smaller at 4 1/4 by 2 1/4). Then you just punch out some flowers out of fun paper. For this card I used the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer paper from Stampin' Up! I used the XL flower punch the make the flowers and the 5 petal flower punch to make the leaves. For the centers I used the 1/2 circle punch and crushed curry card stock! I used a dimensional dot to make the flower in the center pop up. Make sure when you're attaching your flowers that you set it on top of an envelope (if you plan on mailing it) so that you don't make your card too tall to fit in the envelope... that's what I did the first time and had to redo mine :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

stamps:Sincere Salutations
paper: soft suede, whisper white, old olive, crushed curry, Razzleberry Lemonade
ink: melon mambo
other: yellow grosgrain ribbon, border punch, XL flower punch, 1/2 circle punch, 5 petal flower punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails