Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ornament punch vase

When I was at Stampin' Up! Regionals I saw cards using the ornament punch to create a vase so I had to try it myself. I love being able to use a punch for lots of different things - a great way to get your money out of stuff is to find versatile ways to use it.

This was one of my cards for my stamp-a-stack last week too. It's really simple to make. I punched the "vase" using the ornament punch and then snipping off the pointy bottom part to make a flat bottom. Then I stamped the flowers from the Eastern Blooms stamp set on a piece of paper that was cut into that cute shape using the top note big shot die. To get the flowers all those fun colors I just inked it with markers instead of using an ink pad. It takes a little longer that way but it is such a cool result, don't you think? Then to add some more dimension I added on a couple flowers punched out with the trio flower punch with glue dots. The sentiment "for you" is from the set Great Friend.

stamps: Great Friend, Eastern Blooms
ink: markers -- rich razzleberry, regal rose, pretty in pink, soft suede
paper: rich razzleberry, whisper white, pretty in pink
other: ornament punch, rose grosgrain ribbon, trio flower punch, big shot top note, brads, glue dots

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails