Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Shower card

I went to a baby shower last weekend where the parents were decorating the baby's room with Jungle animals....so of course I had to pull out my animal stories stamp set and make a card for her! I stamped the monkey, lion and whale in bright colors and then punched them out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. For the lion, I stamped him again and trimmed out his tiny little head and popped it off with a dimensional to give it more depth.

I punched coordinating scallops to frame the animals in pumpkin pie, old olive and tempting turquoise card stock. To add more detail I used the tiny circle hand punch to make the little hole in each scallop. I wanted the cared to have a jungle feel so I used some paper from the Island Oasis paper pack (the stripes and the palm leaves). Then I used the so saffron paper and new texture folder from the summer mini (square lattice) in the Big Shot to create the texture piece going through the center. Finish it off with a scallop border punch to make it super cute!

The sentiment "for a little someone" is from a retired set I found in my stamp cupboard!

stamps: animal stories
ink:pumpkin pie, so saffron, tempting turquoise, soft suede
paper: island oasis designer paper, so saffron, whisper white, tempting turquoise, old olive, pumpkin pie
other: scallop circle punch, circle punch, square lattice embossing folder,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails