Friday, August 6, 2010

Mario Birthday!



Do you know anyone who loves video games? My little brother does so I thought it would be fun to make him a card with Mario from the Nintendo game Super Mario Brothers! To make this card I used a variety of punches to create the Mario face. Then I attached him to a Top Note die (cut with Big shot) and added some retired ribbon to the front. The clouds were made by punching out a scallop circle and then sponging over it, using the punched shape as a mask! Then, to finish it off, I used the sentiment from the hostess set Longfellows.

I hope he liked it! It was fun to make. Here's a close-up:

oh, I almost forgot, I stamped the "m" for Mario using the stamp set Rough Type.

3 comments:

Patty Mickle said...

love your card!! I am a follower from SC. You can find my blog here: www.pattycreates.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Patty Mickle

Kathy Anthony said...

This is soooo clever, love this punch art idea! Following from SC

Anonymous said...

Now following! I found you via stampin connection.

I love this card.....my son loves mario and Luigi.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails