Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another Fall Thank you

I just love fall colors and leaves! They make the prettiest colors! For this card I started with a piece of Soft suede cut the long way (so it's 4 1/4 by 8 1/2). The I put it through the big shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder to create that beautiful background. The main image is a leaf from the set Autumn Splendor.

To make it look like it's two toned I used the Rock-and-Roll technique. Making sure to ALWAYS use the lighter color first, ink your stamp (in this case into the pumpkin pie), then take the inked stamp and lightly roll the edges on the darker ink pad (in this case early espresso). This is a fun technique but remember to use the lighter color first or you might ruin your ink pads!

To see another card using this set that I made last fall, click here.

The pretty script background on this leaf is from the set French Foliage and I stamped it in crumb cake ink. Then I finished it off with a thanks from the set Thank You Kindly.

stamps: Autumn Splendor, French Foliage, Thank you Kindly
ink: Soft Suede, early espresso, pumpkin pie, crumb cake
paper: soft suede, early espresso, very vanilla, pumpkin pie
other: pumpkin pie grograin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! Fall is my favorite time of year as well...I love the colors and the smells...sigh....following from SC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails