Monday, September 29, 2008

Embracing the new In Colors!

This is one of the first cards I made using the new in-colors from Stampin' Up! I love having new colors to play with but I really wish they made them in markers too...I'm sure there's a good reason that they don't' but I've always wished for markers. So, for this card I found a way around that problem.....I wanted the flowers to match the new tangerine orange color so I used my aqua painters and the ink pads to color them! Ever done this? It's easy. You just squeeze your ink pad so some of the ink gets up in the lid and then use the aqua painter to pick it up and paint with it! It's that simple. Then you have the ability to color with any color that you only have an ink pad for and not a coordinating marker! I don't know why I didn't think of that before!! The only thing you have to remember is to use a waterproof ink (SU's basic black works) and a good cardstock so it doesn't ripple when you paint on it!

stamps: Embrace Life, Heard from the heart
ink: tangerine tango, basic black
paper: tangerine tango, kiwi kiss, summer sun
other:eyelets, aqua painters, scallop border punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails