Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gift card...

What? It's only 3 days 'til Christmas?? How did that happen?

If you're like me, you're still finishing up the last-minute shopping, baking and gift making....yikes!

I've been so crazy making projects, I haven't had time to post them....plus, I don't want to spoil anyones surprise by posting their gift early since a few of my family members and friends do read my blog occassionally ;)

So you can look forward to seeing what I made everyone for christmas soon but for now here's a last-minute gift card holder! This is pretty easy to make and looks very professional.

You start with a piece of card stock that's 4-1/4" x 11" and score it at 3", 5 1/2" and 8" on the long side. Then stamp all over that piece if you want a pattern on it. Make sure you stamp both sides. I used the poinsettia from the Season of Joy stamp set and stamped it with Real Red ink.

Next, you fold it on all the score lines and assemble it to look like this photo. Note: Make sure you don't put adhesive on the innermost fold. Just put your adhesive on the outside edges or your pocket will end up glued shut and you won't have any place to put your card.


Once your piece is assembled, use the Word Window punch to make the opening in the middle for your card to go in. I punched it once in the middle, then carefully lined it up and extended the punch once on each side so that the opening is wide enough. To make the circle notch in the center I used the 1/2" circle punch.

Decorate or stamp a sentiment on the inside if you'd like. I used the "holly jolly" stamp from the Christmas Punch hostess stamp set and punched it out with the Curly Label punch.

Then Decorate the front as you like I used the big square word stamp from Season of Joy again and framed it with a piece of Garden Green Card stock. Cut a wrap from decorative paper that is around 1"wide by 7.5" long. Then attach your front piece to the center of your wrap. Wrap it around your gift card holder and glue it together on the back. Make sure you don't glue it to the holder so that the recipient can easily slide it off and get to that gift card faster!!

Hope you enjoyed the directions for this. Here's a final photo of the front all assembled:

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails