Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snowflake Cube - 2 ways

I've been so busy lately doing projects lately I haven't had much time to blog! I just started making my Christmas cards (all 60) this week... You'd think that I'd learn to start earlier but every year it is the same last minute rush to the holidays!

Here's a gift I made that was quick and easy. It's a glass cube that I bought at a local craft store. It has a hole on the top (or bottom, depending on how you turn it) so it's perfect for filling. I made one of these this summer for a birthday gift (check out this post) and thought that it would be fun to do a holiday one.

To decorate the cube, I used the snowflake die, Snowflake #2, and cut it out using a piece of white décor elements vinyl with my Big Shot. I love how you can get the vinyl in sheets and make your own die cuts using any Big Shot die! Plus, they just added a whole bunch of new colors that are on sale now!

I attached the snowflake to the cube and filled it with Hershey Kisses and then tied it up with some thick Striped Grosgrain ribbon. Isn't it pretty?


Then when the chocolate is gone, you can turn the cube around so the hole is at the bottom and fill it with a small string of lights. Here's how that looks. I didn't realize that the lights I bought were on a green string...a white one would have looked better but it still looks pretty.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails