Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's snowing!

Since it's snowing today I thought I'd upload some snowflake cards! This is a card I made for a workshop I had last month but haven't had a chance to post yet. I used night of navy card stock for the base and the Platinum shimmer paint to get the shimmery effect on the card stock. To get this fun sparkly/splattery effect, I mixed a bit of the platinum shimmer paint in a mini spray bottle with some rubbing alcohol. I didn't use any special ratio, just added it and tested on a strip of paper until it looked sparkly enough! Then I sprayed it on the night of navy paper and let dry for a few minutes before making my card. I think it looks really pretty on the dark paper. Then I stamped the large snowflake from Serene Snowflakes using a sponge to apply the paint directly to the Stamp. I framed the image with a piece of Brushed Silver Cardstock. Then I stamped "sparkle" from the stamp set Warm Words using the same method of sponging the paint directly onto the stamp and then stamping it. Then I finished it off with some silver cord! Love all the sparkles on this.

Here's another card I made using the platinum shimmer paint. This time I used Brocade blue cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot using the Movers & Shapers Die to create the window. Then I stamped Snowflakes around the front using the Serene Snowflakes stamp set again. The Sentiment "Seasons Greetings" is from the Many Merry Messages stamp set. To add shimmer paint, i just used a sponge to smear it along th edeges. It looks really pretty in person! Then I put a piece of white cardstock on the inside and stamped a small snowflake on it. Hope you are having a nice snowy day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails