Monday, November 30, 2009

Penguins!

Here are some great cards made with penguin from the Cold & Cuddly Stamp set! I just love the little penguin in this set. He's so adorable and round! The first card I made by sending red cardstock through my Big Shot using the Movers & Shapers die to cut out the cute little window. Then I used the big shot again, this time with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder to make the cool embossed pattern on the old olive paper. Then I stamped the penguin on some white cardstock and put him on the inside of the card so he shows through the window...and added the little sentiment "Here's some love to keep you warm". Of course, I had to add a little white grosgrain ribbon to finish it off.

Here's another card using this same set, Cold & Cuddly. These little guys are stacked up high! I like how the top one looks like he's jumping off the stack! I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up just right. This tool is great for lining up images! Then I framed them with some not quite navy cardstock. I also used the same embossing folder as the previous card but used bashful blue paper this time. The base of the card is Elegant Eggplant Cardstock.

I love how you can make cards feel so different just by using different colors with the same stamp set! This card wouldn't have to be a Christmas card at all-- you could send it to anyone this winter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails