Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birdcage card for you

Happy St. Patricks Day! I didn't have a chance to make a St. Patricks card so this is the closest I had, a card with shades of green!

This was a card we made at my stamp-a-stack last week. The card base is taken with teal. Then I showed everyone how to make this cool circle border. You take the slit punch and push in from the bottom of the cardstock (go all the way -- as far as the punch can go) and punch a slit. Slide down, leaving a little space between slits and repeat. Do this all the way across the bottom. Then you fold up the paper with the bottom of the slits and if you used double sided paper like I did, it will show circles made from the other side. If you want to add a little more, add a strip of paper in between the fold (I used gable green) and it fills half the circles. Cool, right?

To finish off the card, I used some so saffron ribbon and stamped the birdcage from the Happy Moments Stamp set with soft suede ink.

Hope you enjoy your St. Patricks Day...looking forward to some corned beef!

stamps: Happy Moments
ink: Soft Suede
paper: gable green, taken with teal, very vanilla
other: So Saffron Ribbon, Circle punch, slit punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails