Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No Spiders for Halloween...


Ok, I know I've said I love Halloween--and I do--but I have to say as cute as some of the Halloween sets with spiders are on them, I hate real spiders. They give me the creeps. I was just entering my stamp room tonight to do some stamping and I see my cat, Newton, on the floor batting something around....you guessed it a spider! I huge spider! I was so totally freaked out. The only thing worse than finding a spider is killing it. I don't know why I'm so afraid of them but this one was big and brown and I was too scared of it to squish it so I carefully captured it with a piece of paper under a piece of tupperware and ran it outside and flung it far away from me into the yard... ewwwww! I still have the shivers just thinking about it!

At least this card doesn't have a spider on it! This card uses the Batty for You stamp set and the polka dots and petals stamp set. I started with a pumpkin pie card base. Next I stamped a strip of white with polka dots and circles in black, pumpkin pie and river rock. I framed this strip with a piece of basic black that I scalloped using the slit punch. The ribbons tied around are pumpkin grosgrain and black gingham. Then I stamped the Frankenstein and the vampire from Batty for you on white and punched them out with circle punches. I framed them with scallop circles punched from river rock card stock ad attached them with dimensionals. I can't seem to make a card without dimensionals lately!

stamps: Batty for You, Polka Dots & Petals
paper: pumpkin pie, river rock, whisper white, basic black
ink: pumpking pie, river rock, basic black
other: pumpkin grosgrain, black gingham, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, slit punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute card. I love how you used Polka Dots & Petals. And I hate spiders, too. It's unfortunate my stamping space is in the basement. I keep a vacuum handy just in case.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails