Thursday, September 27, 2007

Witching you...

...A Haunting Halloween....
This is one of the sets that you can get for 30% off this month with a $30 purchase so of course I had to have it. Priced at only $13.27, how could I resist? If you'd like to know more about the specials, contact me!

I decided that since I hardly ever use purple, this would be a great time to try it. I think purple goes great with Halloween and is a nice break from all the orange and black. I started out with a piece of orchid opulence paper for the card base. The strip of yellow is more mustard stamped with the star stamp from the Haunting Halloween set with more mustard ink and then I went around and added more dots with a white gel pen. For the main image of the card I stamped the cauldron and stars from the same set and then colored them using watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I then mounted the image on wild wasabi card stock and added the ribbons (white and black grosgrain) and attached it to the card. The sentiment "witching you.." is also from this set. Inside the card I stamped the "...a haunting Halloween" sentiment.

Here is another card I did with this set using basically the same formula but with the cat instead of the cauldron and no green:
stamps: Haunting Halloween
ink: Basic Black, More mustard
paper: orchid opulence, more mustard, basic black, whisper white, wild wasabi
other: gingham ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, dotted ribbon (not SU), watercolor pencils and blender pen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails