Thursday, April 24, 2008

Always a birthday

I can never have too many birthday cards around. It seems like whenever I need to send one, I don't have one that fits the person so I usually end up making one to fit that specific person. Now if I could just get them in the mail on time!!

This card I made for my Grandma. She really loves green so I thought she'd really like the color combo. All materials are from SU except the ribbon which is a Target dollar spot find.

I used the stamp set Always to stamp the branches on the background and the bird. I used the rock and roll technique I mentioned yesterday on this card too. I started by certainly celery and rocked it on tempting turquoise to create the effect. I just love how this looks! Then I used the happy birthday sentiment from the Think Happy Thoughts set. I just got this set because I thought it would go great with the circle and scallop punches (which it does) and now I can't stop using it. I think I used it on all the cards I made last night!! (which I will be posting as soon as I get time to photograph them!)

stamps: Always, Think Happy Thoughts
ink: Tempting turquoise, certainly celery
paper: tempting turquoise, taken with teal, certainly celery, whisper white, so saffron
other: ribbon from target dollar spot, scallop and circle punches

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails