Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yet again More Birds!

Here are a couple more cards I made using yet another bird stamp!! This one is from Hero Arts too. I just love his long legs... I can see him running in the sand on the beach!

For the first card I wanted to make it a masculine birthday card so I started with Not Quite Navy card stock for the base and used neutrals blues, and browns with a pop of yellow. I really like how these colors turned out together. I colored the bird with Stampin' Up! markers. The happy birthday sentiment is from the everyday Flexible Phrases set and is punched out using the tab punch (all stampin' up). The circles were made using and embossing folder on my cuttlebug!





This second card uses the same image but it slightly more "girled up". I made this one for my friend Jill for her birthday since she's not into "girly" colors like pink! This card uses almost the same colors as the other one but I added some stamped flowers and ribbon. I think this card ended up looking very "beachy" which I love about it!

stamps:Hero Arts "bird with long legs", Everyday flexible phrases,
ink: basic black, not quite navy, SU markers
paper: Not Quite Navy, Brocade Blue, creamy caramel, whisper white, so saffron, chocolate chip
other: Striped grosgrain ribbon, round tab punch, paper piercing

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails