Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Penguins!

Ok... I know I've been really into the bird thing lately, but penguins don't count, do they? I suppose they do but at least they're a different type of bird!!

I just got these two adorable little penguins in my order from All that Scraps. They're cute little clear stamps by Imaginesce Snag Em' Stamps. The first card uses the penguin dude stamp. I stamped him on white and colored him with my new copic markers (I had to get a few to try, just couldn't resist). The cardstock used on the card is all stampin' Up. I used real red for the base color and barely banana, tempting turquoise, and summer sun for the layers. I put the barely banana piece through my cuttlebug to create the fun texture. And of course I had to use Think Happy Thoughts stamp set from SU for the "happy birthday" sentiment. I really love how the striped grosgrain ribbon really ties all the colors together.

The second card uses the penguin girl stamp. She is so cute with her little bikini!

For this card I used a pumpkin pie card base to match the SU felt flowers. I also layered that with Old Olive, and tempting turquoise stamped with the Scatter Sunshine wheel (I found this scrap in my drawer already stamped, don't you love it when that happens?) I also used red to frame her image and tie all the colors together. I really like how this color combo looks. The flowers are from SU and the pretty blue brads are from making memories. Then I finished it off with some of that gorgeous striped grosgrain from SU. She's so cute and summery. Oh, and the "you're the best" sentiment is stamped from the A little birdie set from SU.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails