Monday, June 22, 2009

Loads of love for Dad...

Hello and Happy Monday! Here is a the card I sent my Dad for Fathers Day. The main image is stamped on a piece of creamy caramel cardstock that I die cut using the Top Note die in my Big Shot. I love this die, you'll definitely be seeing more of it! I love how it has the perforated lines inside the edges of the die cut. I inked the edges of the shape using a sponge and chocolate chip ink to give it a leathered look. Then I stamped the truck and hearts from the Loads of Love stamp set. I colored it using the blender pens and Stampin' Pastels. It was fun to color this one on the creamy caramel paper because then you could see the white chalk on the headlights and bumpers of the truck. I used a piece of ruby red card stock for the card base and layered it with a strip of Chocolate chip to accent the image. I added two brads on the left side and popped up the saying "loads of love" with a dimensional. Hope Dad liked it!

stamps:Loads of Love
ink:basic black, stampin pastels
paper: chocolate chip, creamy caramel, ruby red, whisper white, close to cocoa
other: brads, top note die, sponges

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails