Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween Coffin...

I was searching around a bit for halloween treats and found a couple of different versions of a gravestone or coffin. I didn't quite like any of them for what I wanted so after a few trys I made my own pattern. I wanted to make one that fit a gummy skeleton inside so it really seemed like a grave. Here's what I ended up with and I love how it turned out. I used half a sheet of cardstock cut the long way and made it into a Coffin shape. Here is the side veiw.


Once I had the shape I liked, I made another front that was smaller and cut it out of patterened paper. I used Cast-A-Spell paper. I love how some of it is monochromatic black with a black pattern on it that you can just barely see. Then I embossed the skeleton image from the set From the Crypt on it with white embossing powder. The sentiment is from the hostess set Holiday Best. Here is a view of it open. Isn't that gummy guy gross?? I love it!!

stamps:From the Crypt, Holiday Best
ink:Basic Black, pumpkin pie
paper: Basic Black, Grey, Cast-A-Spell Designer paper
other: gummy skeleton, thick striped Grosgrain ribbon in pumpkin pie, white embossing powder

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are really spooky - great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails