Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sour Cream Container for Halloween

Happy October 1st! Now it's time to get in the swing of Halloween. I'm not sure why I like Halloween so much, I think a big part of it is just that there are so many fun little treats you can make! Today I'm starting out with a cute little sour cream container. This is made from a quarter sheet of card stock so it doesn't take a lot of materials and they're super cute! This one I used patterened paper (Cast-a-Spell Designer Series paper) and I love how it turned out. To make this, you roll the paper into a tube, taping the short ends together, then you shut the other ends together in opposite directions....after filling with candy, of course! I use the red sticky strip that Stampin' Up! sells to seal mine closed. This tape is the best ever for keeping little boxes shut.

I embellished the little container with a stamped image from the Batty for You stamp set. Not sure if you can read it but it says "bad to the bone." I love this stamp set. It's so cute! I used a couple of different sized circle punches to punch out the layers and then framed it with a scallop circle. Then the whole thing is tied on with a piece of pumpkin pie grosgrain.

stamps:Batty for you
ink:Basic Black
paper: Cast-A-Spell Designer paper
other: pumpkin pie grosgrain, Sticky Strip, candy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails