Thursday, January 28, 2010

Heart Card

Here is a cute card I made for Valentines Day. I was playing with this kind of funky color combo and I like how it turned out. I started out using the Big heart from the stamp set Always. I really liked how this heart had dots around the edge so I stamped it first on the taken with teal and trimmed it down and then stamped it on whisper white with Cameo Coral ink and trimmed it down past the dots to make the main layered image. Then I mounted it on a piece of so saffron and that was stamped with the branch from the Always set. To add to the dot effect, I paper pierced around the whole edge of the so saffron piece. This piece is mounted on a piece of rose red cardstock. The little bitty heart is from the stamp set You & Moi. I also stamped that in Cameo Coral and cut it out. I attached it with a dimensional to pop it off the card. Then in the background I used a strip of Taken with teal and stamped it with the flower from the Always set. Added a little ribbon and the sentiment "thinking of you" from the Trendy Trees stamp set.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Love your color combo as well as your design, Jennifer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails