Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some of my holiday projects...


Oooh. I'm so excited! I finally ordered from the new Occassion mini!! I know it only just became avaliable yesterday but since I'm a demonstrator I've known about it and what was in it for over a month!! I resisted ordering early this time--although its really cool that as a demonstrator you can pre-order some things--but with the holidays and everything I didn't have the time or money to spend last month so I saved up and ordered now. I'm so excited to get all my stuff.... I can't wait to make fun stuff to share!! I should have it sometime next week so stay tuned....

Meanwhile, I promised to share some of my holiday projects and I've finally dug through all the photos and pulled out a couple to share.

Here is a cool little dresser I made for my sister. This is made by making 3 boxes with the Big Shot Matchbox die and then stacking them and wrapping a sheet of paper around them to make them into a dresser. I also put some adhesive between the layers so that they wouldn't slide apart. I used soft suede and bashful blue card stock along with the Bella Bleu Deisgner Paper.

To make the drawer pulls I used some old flower shaped brads that I had and put one in the side of each box and then threaded ribbon through the holes to make little handles. For ribbon I used Basful Blue Taffeta ribbon and the 1/2" polka-dot grosgrain in soft Suede to match the paper. Isn't that cute?

Then to add a finishing touch I wrapped some thick Striped Grosgrain ribbon around the box--I used Chocolate Chip, which doesn't totally match but I think it looks ok.

Here's a photo of it with the drawers open. The flower on the top is actually a ring that I bought my sis that was a little too big to fit in the drawers so I tied it onto the top and it looked really cute. In the drawers was jewelry and, of course, chocolate!!

I made a few non-stamping related gifts for the holidays too! Here is a photo of a wreath that I made for my mom. I didn't get that great of a photo of it since I had to take it with a flash but you get the idea. It was my first attempt at doing something "floral" and I think it turned out awesome. The hardest part was making the bow. I must have made it 4 times before I got it right!!

I also made this for my Dad. He makes homemade wine so I designed some labels for him and put them in this cool tin:


He loved it. He already used up his labels so I have to make him some more!! Here is the inside. I lined it with elegant eggplant paper and made a pocket with old olive card stock on one side to hold all the labels. The other side I attached a small notepad. The swirl stamp is from the Season of Joy stamp set.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails