Friday, October 1, 2010

Arrrrrg! I love pirates!


Happy October! I can't believe it's October already.... October is one of my favorite months, I love the cool fall air, apple orchards, and Halloween!

Today I'm sharing a fun Pirate card. This could be great for Halloween or just for a birthday card to someone who likes pirates. I used the stamp set Beware Pirates to Stamp the pirate ship. I colored it with markers, first coloring the inside soft suede and going around the edges with old olive. Then I stamped it on Whisper White paper. Over the top I randomly stamped the scripty text image from the French Foliage stamp set. I thought it made a nice layered look. To make the soft suede paper look aged I just scruched and squeezed it up until it looked distressed. The rest of the card is simple...some river rock, a couple of brads and that's it!

stamps: Beware Pirates, French Foliage
ink:soft suede, old olive, early espresso
paper: soft suede, old olive, river rock, whisper white
other: brads



3 comments:

Terry said...

Great card - caught my eye!

I'm following you now from SC.

Terry #250
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

Patti said...

This card is so neat. Not a stamp set that I had my eye on but you certainly did a great job with it. TFS

Juliet said...

love it! Just started following your blog, thanks to Stampin' Connection.

Juliet
http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails