Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Christmas Doilies!

I just knew that the big Hello, Doily stamp would make some really cool cards and I thought why not use it for Christmas? Here are two cool cards I made using it. On the first card I paired it with the delicate doilies stamp set. First, I stamped the large doily in Versamark ink onto cherry cobbler paper and embossed it with white embossing powder.

You can tell I didn't get it inked quite evenly but I like how that makes it look sort of weathered and vintage on this card. Then I stamped around it using some of the stamps from the delicate doilies stamp set with cherry cobbler ink. I like the subtle background that added. Then to finish off I added some satin ribbon and a small tie of lucky limeade ruffled ribbon to give it that Christmas punch. Then I stamped the saying from the Beautiful Season stamp set and added that on with the label punch.


The second Doily card is similar but a little cleaner looking. I started out embossing the Large doily the same way as on the first card but this time I inked it a little better. Then I added a white flower punched out with the 5 petal flower punch into the center and curled the petals up with a bone folder. The center of the flower is the little flower in the …. punch pack. Then I punched out a strip using the Lace Ribbon border punch and added the same sentiment, this time with an oval. Which card do you like better?





stamps: Hello Doily, Delicate Doilies, Beautiful Season
ink: versamark, chocolate chip, cherry cobbler
paper: real red, cherry cobbler, chocolate chip, white, crumb cake
other: Lace Ribbon border punch, scallop border punch, Large oval punch, large label punch, 5 petal flower punch, small flower punch, satin ribbon, limeade ruffled ribbon, embossing powder, versamark


1 comment:

bellonjm07 said...

holy crap that doily stamp embosses NICE!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails