Thursday, January 3, 2008

Is it really 2008?

I can't believe how fast that holiday went! I never even had a chance to post my christmas cards so I'm going to do that now... a little late.

Here is the first card I made for Christmas. It's using the Season of Joy set from Stamping up. I used the In Colors, purely pomegranate, wild wasabi, and river rock. I just love this color combo. The card is pretty simple but since I was making a ton of them I wanted it to be. The poinsettia is raised with a dimensional dot and then I added some red stickles in the middle to add a little sparkle!


This is the second card I made this year. I couldn't choose one so I did some of each design. For this card I also used the Season of Joy stamp set. The base of the card is Wild Wasabi and the snowflakes are stamped in Wild Wasabi. Then I framed the middle image using purely pomegranate and chocolate chip card stock. The tree is stamped with Wild wasabi ink and the ornaments were stamped with purely pomegranate, then punched out and adhered with dimensional dots. The ribbon is the retired silver cord from the last Stampin' Up catalog that I had lying around and thought I'd use up. The "be merry" is stamped in white and is from the Warm Words stamp set.

Hope everyone is having a great new year!

stamps: Season of Joy, Warm Words
inks: wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, black
paper: wild wasabi, purely pomegranate, whisper white, river rock, chocolate chip
other: double-stitched grosgrain ribbon in purely pomegranate and wild wasabi, silver cord, stickles

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails