Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thank-you card time

So If you're like me, you received some really cool stuff for Christmas and now it's time to make some thank-you cards. Here's the first one I did. This one is for my husband to send out for a gift he received so I made it a little more masculine (didn't think he'd want to send out pink flowers).

I received this stamp set, Time Well Spent from Stampin' Up! for free a while ago...This set is a level 3 hostess set! Sometimes demonstrators get the coolest free stuff!! I was so busy with Christmas projects when I received the set, I haven't had much of a chance to use it. This is the first card I made with it. All supplies are from Stampin' Up.

To make this card, I started with a bordering blue card stock base. I stamped the small flowers on it with bordering blue ink. For the main image, I stamped the flower in basic black on whisper white paper and colored it with markers. I stamped it again on a separate piece and cut that out and attached it with a dimensional. I used the notch corner punch to make the corners, then bordered it with a piece of close to cocoa card stock. In each notched corner, I added a silver brad. The brown piece behind the main image is cut from creamy caramel cardstock and the sentiment is from the sincere salutations set (one of my favorites and a must-have for any cardmaker).

stamps: Time Well Spent, Sincere Salutations
inks: bordering blue, basic black, markers
paper: bordeirng blue, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, whisper white
other: corner notch punch, brads, dimensional

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails