Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Baby Card

I made this card to pass around for a co-worker who is expecting a baby. Since I'm not sure if they're having a boy or girl, I made it bright colors and as gender-neutral as I could. The animals are stamped from the Wild about You stamp set. I love using this set to make baby card and cards for kids. It's such a cute set and is really perfect for it. I usually just make my cards out of a half sheet of cardstock but since this one was going to be signed by a bunch of people, I found a larger envelope and measured it to fit. I think it ended up being 4.25 inches wide by 7 inches tall. This worked out perfect since I had more room to stack the animals!

The dotted swirls are actually from the trendy trees set, it's one of the tree tops but I thought it would make a fun background image. Then I stamped the sentiment "happy new baby" from a retired set since I don't have a lot of baby word stamps. I punched it out and attached it to a scallop circle with a dimensional and added it to the card. The ribbon was actually inspiration for my color palette and is from Michaels.

stamps: Wild about you, trendy trees
ink: kiwi kiss, summer sun, pumpkin pie, tempting turqouise
paper: whisper white, kiwi kiss, summer sun
other: striped grosgrain ribbon (michaels), dimensionals, scallop border punch (fiskars)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails