Tuesday, October 7, 2008

House of Haunts Popcorn slider


Here is one of the projects I designed for my Halloween treats class. I love how these turned out! I bought some mini popcorn packs to make these...they were from world market in the Halloween section and pop up orange!.

For this project I didn't have measurements so I just meastured the height of the popcorn, cut a piece of cardstock slightly longer than that and then wrapped it around the bag to see how long it should be. A lot of times I jsut use trial and error to figture out how to make things!

Here's how I did it--
Black cardstock is 5.5 x 8 inches. I don't know if that is a standard size mini popcorn so you might have to adjust it to fit the ones you buy. Wrap around the bag of popcorn and use sticky strip to adhere on the back (mono adhesive won't be strong enough, it will pop back open). Then take out the popcorn, put a little adhesive on the bottom and crimp up the bottom with a fiskars paper crimper, just a half inch or so.

Put two holes or slits near the top of the pocket. I added eyelets to make mine look nice. Then wrap the ribbon around the popcorn bag the long way, stick it in the pouch and feed the ribbon through the holes. Tie ribbon above bag. Once this is done, you can hold onto the bottom of the pouch with one hand and grab the ribbon with the other hand and pull.....ta da, the popcorn slides out...cool, huh?
Here's a pic with the popcorn partially pulled out.

Decorate your pouch as you'd like. I used House of Haunts and the new Halloween designer series paper Ghostly Greetings from Stampin' Up!

Hope you like this project and enjoy making your own. Stay tuned for more Halloween stuff!

stamps:Haunting Halloween
paper:Ghostly Greetings, basic black, pumpkin pie, whisper white
ink:basic black, pumpkin pie, so saffron
other:eyelets, crimper, pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails