Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Owl Anniversary

Here is a fun anniversary card I made for an October wedding anniversary. I just thought the way the owls were looking at each other was so cute and sort of comical and romantic at the same time...plus I just love owls!! I cut the paper out using the nestabilities square scallop die in my cuttlebug. You send the die through twice, once to make the outside cut and then again with a different amount of pressure to do the embossing on the edge. I really love how these squares look but they are a little laborious to make. I think next time I'm going to make a whole pile of them so I just have them on hand when I want to use some.

Once I had the owls stamped I colored them using markers and aqua painters. Then I stamped Happy Anniversary under them from the Stampin' Up! set Hugs and Wishes. The patterned paper is scrap I had left from last years Apple Cider Designer paper from SU. Boy am I sad that is discontinued. I really loved that paper!!

The base of the card is really rust cardstock and I stamped up the one side using the small flower from the Eastern Blooms set since that set just happened to be on my table! I love how it turned out, so cute and simple!


stamps:owl Buddies (from A Muse stamps), Hugs & Wishes (SU), Eastern Blooms (SU)
ink:Basic Black, Earth Elements Markers
paper:Really Rust, Apple Cider Designer paper (retired), whisper white
other: Taffeta Ribbon, Nestabilities scallop square

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails