Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the Sea Birthday!


Here is a Birthday Card Using the new set On the Sea! I loved this set right away for two reasons - one, it will make great masculine cards and I need more of those and two, it has a great background texture stamp in it.

to make this card I started with Daffodil delight cardstock for the base. I stamped the globe image randomly on in it in Daffodil delight ink. The blue layer is Marina Mist Cardstock which I stamped over with the cool background texture stamp in this set. I used the scallop trim border punch to make the tiny scalloped bottom. Then I stamped the ship with Marina mist ink on white cardstock and added the Happy Birthday sentiment (from a hostess set). To add some dimension I stamped the directional (what's that called again?) and punched it out with the new postage stamp punch. I also added some of the new bakers twine.

Here's a close-up so you can see the twine - I love this stuff!!


stamps: On the Sea
ink: Soft suede, daffodil delight, marina mist
paper: daffodil delight, soft suede, marina mist, whisper white,
other: bakers twine, scallop trim border punch, dimensional


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails