Saturday, May 7, 2011

two-tone embossing!

This is the other technique I showed at my technique class last week. It's a really cool background you can make using the big shot embossing folders to create a two-toned effect. Once I had the background created for this card I stamped the main image on white (using markers to color the center of the flower yellow and the edge of the stamp green) and then trimmed around the image and mounted onto a piece of wild wasabi.

The ribbon effect on this card is easy to create. You just take a piece of the wide grosgrain ribbon and attach it across your card on the back side of the piece you want to cover. Then I took a small piece of the taffeta ribbon and tied it around the grosgrain. It makes a pretty pucker of the thicker ribbon and looks super cool!


stamps: Friends Never Fade
ink:regal rose, daffodil delight, wild wasabi
paper: whisper white, wild wasabi, pink pirouette
big shot: vintage wallpaper embossing folder
other: whisper white taffeta ribbon, daffodil delight striped grosgrain ribbon
, brayer

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Hi,
I love this technique! I am a fellow SU demonstrator and I was wondering if you could share how you did the technique. My email is tracey@reflectionssosweet.com

Thanks!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails