Thursday, October 20, 2011

Faux Metal Technique

Today is my Monthly Technique Class and we're going to make the card above! This month one of the techniques is Faux Metal... yep, that is not a real metal embellishment... It looks real though, doesn't it? I used the skeleton image from the set Batty For You to make the faux metal shape. Here's a close-up:

To make the rest of the card, I cut out the white shape using the top Note die (still my favorite die) with the big shot. Then I stamped the Hello Doily stamp on it using pumpkin pie ink. The Happy Halloween on the bottom of the shape is from the set House of Haunts. Then I added some black satin ribbon across the middle of the card. For a finishing touch I also punched out a strip of black using the Lace Ribbon Border punch! I love how this turned out... do you think it's a little vintage looking?

I made another Halloween card using the Faux metal technique last year too. You can check it out here.

stamps:Batty for you, House of Haunts, Hello Doily
ink: pumpkin pie, basic black
paper: basic gray, basic black, whisper white
other: scallop circle punch, circle punch, Top Note Big shot Die, black satin ribbon, Lace Ribbon Border punch, Pewter embossing powder


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails