Friday, January 30, 2009

Boatloads of Love!



Here's a card I made for valentines using the Boatloads of Love set from Stampin' Up! I used aqua painters to color the boat with various colors of blue.

I covered the heart with glue using a glue pen and added flower soft that I recently bought. You can order it from all that scraps here. I used soft pink for this card. Here's a close-up photo so you can see this stuff. It's really cool. It looks like terry cloth or a soft blanket. I love how it looks on the heart.

After getting it this far, I decided the boat was too blue and since I didn't want to re-do the whole card, I added some big eyelets where the boat life preservers are to add color. Then I matted the boat with pacific point cardstock and layered it over a piece of pretty in pink that I had run through the cuttlebug to emboss dots on. The card base is baja breeze blue cardstock.

For finishing touches I added some taffeta ribbon and the sentiment across the bottom which is from the set Heard from the Heart from SU.

stamps: Boatloads of Love, Heard from the Heart
ink:basic black, Pacific point
paper: whisper white, pacific point, baja breeze, pretty in pink
other: big eyelets, cuttlebug, flower soft, aquapainters, taffeta ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails