Thursday, January 15, 2009

I can't resist birds....


Here are a couple of cards I made with yet another bird set that I had to have. I got this set from Inkadinkado in the Christmas section at JoAnn's for half price so I couldn't resist. The first card uses the owl. I used a markers to color the owl stamp so that he could be two colors. Then I went over part of the green with some clear stickles glitter to make it sparkly. All the paper is from Stampin' Up! The owl is matted on tempting turqouise chocolate chip cardstock. The card base is old olive and I stamped swirls from the Stampin' Up set season of joy on the background. The Just because I care sentiment is from the soon to be gone hostess set Best Yet.

stamps: Winter Birds (inkadinkado), Best Yet, Season of Joy
ink: not quite navy marker, garden green marker
paper:
Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
other: button brads, stickles


This card is stamped using the same bird stamp set from inkadinkado. The card base is pacific point and the red part is riding hood red, sent through the cuttlebug to emboss the argyle. I stamped the bird using not quite navy ink and framed him with creamy caramel cardstock. I like these colors together, it gives a rich feel. Then I used a couple of flowers in the corner to add some fun. I think the flowers are from prima. Flowers are something that I LOVE and always buy when I see cute ones but for some reason I don't use them much on cards so I'm going to try to use them more often.

stamps: Winter Birds (inkadinkado), Best Yet
ink: Not quite navy, riding hood red
paper: riding hood red, pacific point, white, creamy caramel
other: border punch (fiskars), flowers, cuttlebug

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails