Saturday, January 10, 2009

Color Challenge

So I decided this year I'm going to try to participate in more challenges from other bloggers. Here is the first one I'm posting the challenge is from Kristina Werner. She has a really cool blog and posts color inspiration challenges. Here's this weeks color challenge:

I had fun making a card with these colors. I'm going to try to continue to do her color inspiration challenges whenever I have time.

Here's what I did. All papers inks and stamps are from Stampin' Up. I used the set Eastern Blooms. This is a really cool set that I haven't used a lot yet. I really like the big flower image in it. I used the Baja Breeze as the card base and a piece of embossed pumpkin pie for the textured piece. I used my Cuttlebug to make the texture. Then the border punch (I can't seem to make a card without that lately!!) to add a scallop up the side. For the main image I stamped the flower in pumpkin pie, stamped the smaller flower in chocolate chip and then layered it on top with a dimensional. The yellow in the middle is a yellow brad I found. The saying "grateful" is from a retired set called small script. I love how this card turned out. It looks very tropical and summery to me, which is nice since it's the middle of winter and snowing here today!!

stamps: Small Script, Eastern Blooms
ink: pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, white
paper: baja breeze, pumpkin pie, old olive, chocolate chip, whisper white
other: striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensional, scallop border punch, cuttlebug

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Jennifer. I also love the scallop edge punch. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer< Your card is awesome...I like doing cards like this too! Good luck! Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails