Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Kitty Thank you!


Besides birds, the other thing I can't resist is kitties! I just loved this image when I saw it. It's by My Favorite Things artist Stephanie Fizer. I just had to have this stamp. I wanted to use it for christmas cards but because of time restraints I ended up using something that wouldn't require so much coloring!! So Now I'm making use of it to do some winter cards. This one is a thank you. I colored the hats shades of blue so it wouldn't look so christmas. I always have to make one cat sort of yellow-orange colored and one gray so that they look like my kitties! I colored the whole image by squishing the ink on the lids of the inkpads and picking it up with the aquapainter to paint them. They look so cute! Then I framed the image with a piece of bright pacific point cardstock to bring out the blue in the hats. For the strip up the side, I used a border punch and a scrap of brown patterend paper. The sentiment is from the set Sincere Salutations.

stamps: Peppermint Cats (my favorite things)
ink:basic black, various to watercolor
paper: whisper white, pacific point, baja blue, wild wasabi, patterned paper
other:ribbon, border punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails