Friday, January 9, 2009

Non-Stamping Related but very cool...

Here is what I made my little sis for Christmas (probably another reason I didn't have much time to stamp last month). This is a purse made entirely out of candy bag and chip bag wrappers. I cut them down into pieces and made them into chains which were then sewn together to create the bag. This was a very time-consuming and somewhat difficult project, especially since I didn't have a lot of time to get it done because I wanted to give it to her for Christmas. The hardest part was putting in the zipper and making the handle strong enough so that it wouldn't break off. Hopefully it holds up. I've never done anything like this before so it was a fun challenge. It's really fun to look at and guess which candies are on the wrappers and see what the little bits say after they are all folded up!

Here are a few more photos, First the naughty zipper:

A Close-up of the side of the bag:


and Kimberly, showing off her new gift:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails