Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nature Walk

When I first looked at the Occasions Mini Catalog, I knew that I had to have this set. It's called Nature Walk and just has the most beautiful nature images in it. For this card I started with a Bashful Blue Cardstock base and decided to stick with the blue/brown palette. I Stamped the bird with Early espresso ink and then stamped a bashful blue birdcage over him. Then I used sponges with bashful blue and old olive ink to sponge around him. I used a distressing too to make the edges look aged.

Here's a close up of the image:
You can kind of see in the close-up that I also stamped birdcages onto the early espresso cardstock with ink of the same color. I used some more of the lovely seam binding ribbon in crumb cake to add some softness. I felt like it needed something else so I punched out a border using river rock cardstock and the Scallop ribbon Border punch.

One of the things I've decided to work on this year is to try to make coordinating envelopes more often... so here's one for this card-- I think it will make sending out cards easier and more fun with coordinating envelopes!!




stamps: Nature Walk
ink: Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, River Rock
other: Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, Scallop Ribbon Border Punch


2 comments:

bellonjm07 said...

that ribbon is gorgeous!! Love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp set too! I like the colors you chose and all the images are perfect for a masculine card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails