Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine Defined

It's a snowy day here so I thought this card would bring a little color and brightness into your day! I just started playing with this set, Valentine Defined, from the Occasions Mini catalog and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It has a lot of versatile pieces that would make great valentines but also some other types of cards. These flamingos would make a great summer birthday card or anniversary card as well!

For this card I used an interesting color combo-- bright melon mambo and the subdued crumb cake with a bit of chocolate chip. I think the colors, although intense, compliment each other quite nicely.

I made cut the crumb cake cardstock using the top note die in my Big Shot. Then I stamped the heart branches using chocolate chip across the bottom and the "love you" from the same set using chocolate chip and melon mambo ink. I stamped the flamingos on a piece of scrap whisper white paper and punched them out with the 1 3/8" circle and framed them with the scallop circle punched out of chocolate chip. I used some of the Rose red seam binding ribbon across the whole thing and then attached the flamingos with a dimensional.

Here it is with the coordinating envelope:

stamps:Valentine Defined
ink: melon mambo, chocolate chip
paper: melon mambo, chocolate chip, whisper white, crumb cake
other: rose red seam binding ribbon, top note big shot die, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, dimensional dot


2 comments:

Erika said...

So cute!

bellonjm07 said...

At first I thought this set was kinda cheesy, but I like what you've created!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails