Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Hoppers Fall card


I went to Hobby Lobby recently to see if they had any new stamps and look what I found! I just love the House Mouse stamps and now their new line of Happy Hoppers! I couldn't resist this cute little bunny with all the apples. I just loved this image.

I stamped the image on white card stock with basic black ink and colored it in with Watercolor Pencils and Blender pens. I haven't tried the blender pens with the watercolor pencils before. I usually use them with the chalks but just thought I'd try it and it worked perfect. All you do is color in the in image with the watercolor pencil, they work just like colored pencils. To make the watercolor effect, color the parts you want darker and then use the blender pen to pull the color across the image into the lighter areas. You can also use it to blend more than one color.

After I had the image colored I wasn't sure how to make it into a card because it's a rather large stamp and didn't leave much room for a sentiment or background or anything. I struggled with it a little bit but like what I ended up with. I started with an old olive card base. I mounted the image on real red cardstock. I punched a circle out of the same green as the card base and wrapped red gingham ribbon through the circle and around the image. This got layered on a piece of creamy caramel. (To make the holes in the caramel piece I used the paper piercing template). I then stamped the "hello" from In the spotlight and punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch and attached it with a dimensional.

I think it turned out pretty cute.

stamps: An Apple a Day by House Mouse Designs, In the Spotlight
ink: Basic Black, Watercolor pencils, creamy caramel
card stock: old olive, real red, whisper white, creamy caramel
accessories: red gingham, dimensional
techniques: paper piercing, watercoloring

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails