Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hula!

The set Tropical Party makes me think of luas and hula skirts so I thought I'd make a card with a skirt on it! I started with a pumpkin pie cardstock base. To make the skirt part, I just took a scissor and cut slits all the way across the green part and then adhered it on the top. The top of the card is a piece of soft suede textured in the big shot using the square lattice embossing folder.

For the floral image I used a technique called poppin' pastels. It's really easy. All you do is stamp your image in versamark ink and then use a sponge and pick up color from of the stampin' pastels and dab it on top of the versamark. The pastels will stick to the versamark and give it instant pretty, soft color! I did the flowers first and then went back and did the branches so I could see where to put them. Then I stamped the sentiment "thinking of you" in soft suede ink. This sentiment is from the set Sincere Salutations.

Hope you enjoy!

stamps: Tropical party
ink:soft suede, versamark
paper:pumpkin pie, whisper white, garden green, yo-yo yellow,
other: stampin' pastels, sponges, pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails