Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Sneak Peek....


Here is another card I made for fathers day using one of the sneak peek sets that I pre-ordered. This set is called Autumn Days and will be in the new catalog and available July 1st. I loved this set right away because it has a masculine feel to me...all the men in my family are hunters or at least outdoorsy...and I also liked that it comes with several different branches that you could use on their own without the pheasant. For this card I used the new InColors. The card stock base is Soft Suede and the orange piece is the new dusty durango. I sent that piece through the big shot with the texture plate to make it look wood-grain. Here's a close-up where you can see it better:

I love how texture really adds to a card. It looks so much cooler in person! The center image is a piece of whisper white card stock that I die cut using the top note die in my big shot. Then I got the colors on the pheasant by coloring on the stamp with markers and then stamping it. To make the wheat look lighter I inked the stamp then stamped off on a piece of scrap paper before stamping on the image.

The for you stamp is from the Great Friend stamp set that was in the occasions mini-- this set did make it into the new catalog, I'm glad because I didn't get to use it that much yet!! And the Father word is from a retired set, everyday flexible phrases.

Hope you enjoyed this sneak peek!!

stamps:Autumn Days, Great friend, Everyday flexible Phrases
ink: soft suede, dusty durango, old olive markers
paper: whisper white, soft suede, dusty durango
other: brads, big shot, top note die

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails