Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Double Popsicle Card



Ok... Almost a week later I'm finally sharing what we made in my Fruit & Flowers class last week! This set is so much fun! I had a ton of fun creating the projects. I hope the girls who attended had as much fun making them! This card was inspired by a Popsicle card I made a while back. If you want to see that it's in this post.

To make this card I cut the card stock (I used calypso coral) in half to 4.25 x 8.5, then scored in 2.25" from each end along the long side. I added the Popsicle sticks on the inside of each short panel. Note: when you add on the sticks make sure they don't stick down so far that your card won't fit in a standard sized envelope!

The main image on the front is embossed using the Designer Frames Embossing Folder in the big shot. Then I stamped the strawberry from the Fruit & Flowers set and punched it out with the Large oval punch. This fits perfectly inside the embossed shape. The ribbon is attached under the piece of chocolate chip card stock and wraps all the way around the card to keep it closed.

Here's what it looks like open:


stamps: Fruit & Flowers
ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade
paper: Calypso Coral, whisper white, chocolate chip
other: Chocolate chip scallop polka dot ribbon, Designer frame embossing folder, Large oval punch, corner rounder punch, Popsicle sticks.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails