Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ribbon Rose Card

Here is the other technique I taught at my last technique class -- ribbon roses! This is something that is easy to do and adds something so elegant to a card. I used seam binding ribbon to create this rose because I found it twists really well. I thought the rose was so pretty and elegant that it would make a great wedding or anniversary card so I paired it with a very simple white front, embossing part way up with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder. I stamped the word "cherish" from the Baroque Motifs Stamp set and added the rose on. The rose petals are made by punching out the 5-petal flower punch from olive card stock and cutting two petals off to look like leaves! I love how versatile punches can be! I also added a pearl in the middle of the rose. I love how this card turned out!


stamps: Baroque Motifs
ink: rose red
paper: whisper white, rose red, crumb cake, old olive
other: scallop circle punch, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, small hole punch, adhesive paper, adhesive pearl, 5 petal flower punch


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails