Monday, August 1, 2011

Smart Owl!


Here is a graduation card that I made for a recent graduation party. I have seen a lot of cards using the owl punch to make a graduation card so thought I'd give it a try! I punched out the owl using the owl punch and then gave him big wings by punching out scallop circles and cutting them to look like wings. The branch is the "little leaves" sizzlet die cut out with the Big Shot. I glued him together and cut out a squares from black to make the hat. Then I attached him to a white circle punched out with the 2 1/2" circle punch. For his little diploma I rolled a little piece of lightweight paper and tied it with a piece of 1/8" taffeta ribbon.

The background is embossing using the new Stripes embossing folder on concord crush card stock.

stamps: Retired sentiment
ink: black
paper:concord crush, whisper white, crumb cake, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie
other: 2 1/2" circle punch, scallop circle punch, Owl punch, little leaves sizzlit die, stripe embossing folder, poly stitched ribbon in concord crush



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails